Sunday, September 20, 2009

Defining Hope

The June 2009 Ensign had an article I really enjoyed entitled Hope: The Misunderstood Sister by Larry Hiller.

I liked the article for the following reasons:

*The author defined the concept/quality of hope as it relates to her "sisters" Faith and Charity:

"Hope is anything but wishful. It is strong and bright with promise. It is expectation based on experience".

I appreciated this since the scriptures have given me good definitions of faith and charity, (see Hebrews 11:1 and Moroni 7:47) but hope has always been a little bit ambiguous to me.

*The author was very concise- the article was only two pages long.

Very impressive for someone like me who goes on and on when I write, rather than keeping things simple!

*The article included a painting of Faith, Hope, and Charity personified.

*The author not only wrote an essay, but a very touching poem as well.

I could paraphrase the article, but I'll just let you read it yourself.

And while we're on the topic of HOPE . . . Check out some of these inspiring necklaces from mrs. r's etsy shop.


No comments: